Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Madeleine's Metamorphosis

Well, I can see that Madeleine is truly aware of what her upcoming birthday means:

ME: Madeleine, do you know how old you are?
MADELEINE: Um, two and a--- um, two and free QUARTERS.
ME: Do you know when you're gonna turn three?
MADELEINE: Um...I'm gonna turn into a BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY.

Well.  I know that starting preschool and turning three are big life changes, but I didn't realize they actually caused a physical metamorphosis.  I guess she'd better get started on her cocoon pretty soon, since her birthday is now less than
a month away.

Madeleine is evolving in other ways as well.  Today she actually incorporated other colors besides black into her artwork.  She has been hard at work creating this brightly colorful, and for once non-demonic, picture:








I  hope that when Madeleine turns into a butterfly she has wings as colorful and pretty as her seahorse above.


2 comments:

  1. Let us know when she cocoons so we can all come for the big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete