Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snippets of today's conversations

Various conversations with Julia throughout the course of the day:

#1: Following a trip to the potty to relieve an upset stomach

ME: Julia, how's your tummy feeling now?
JULIA: (joyfully) It feel as goooood as a stone!

I'm glad she felt as good as a stone. I do wonder, though, if "good as a stone" is quite as good as "good as lava." I guess I can't expect things will always live up to "good as lava" standards.

#2: Following a discussion of different things people like to eat for lunch

JULIA: Mommy? I know four girls, and one of them loves to eat a salad sandwich.
ME: A salad sandwich? That's silly! Actually, there really are kinds of salad sandwiches. You can have a tuna salad sandwich, or a chicken salad sandwich.
JULIA: Mmm-hmm. But Mommy? Those girls are just pretend, so this kind of salad sandwich is a circle piece of bread, and another circle piece of bread, and a big piece of salad in the middle!


#3: Conversation Julia and I had while I was putting away the dishes from the dishwasher

JULIA: Why did nobody want them?
ME: Want what?
JULIA: THEM! (pointing at the silverware I'm unloading from the dishwasher and putting away.)
ME: What do you mean, why did nobody want them?
JULIA: Why did nobody want them?
ME: When did nobody want them?
JULIA: Well, they never told me.
ME: Told you what?
JULIA: They never told me they didn't want them.
ME: Who never told you?
JULIA: Nobody!

Oh, nobody. Okay, I see now. It suddenly all makes sense. ???

No comments:

Post a Comment