Sunday, December 12, 2010

Coloring book wackiness

Here are the various goofball things Julia had to say about the pages in her new coloring book:


"It looks like Elmo and Zoe are playing a kind of game where Elmo is the grandfather and Zoe is the daughter." I guess Elmo's walking stick makes him appear elderly to Julia.




JULIA: Daddy, I know a show called "Now We Put In Cookies."
ETHAN: Oh yeah? What's it about?
JULIA: Well, I know it, but I don't know what's on it.





JULIA: Uh-oh, Mommy, I shoudn't have gone this way, because look, I wound up back where I was before.
ME: Oh, you took the long way, huh?
JULIA: But Mommy, are there any paths on this maze that are blocked?
ME: No, nothing is blocked, it's just that certain paths make you kind of loop around and wind up back where you were.
JULIA: Like which ones?
ME: Well, like the path you just took. Remember you just said, "I shouldn't have gone this way because I wound up back where I was before?"
JULIA: Um, Mommy, have I ever seen it?
ME: Seen what?
JULIA: (pointing at the picture) This.
ME: This picture?
JULIA: No, the show of it. Of Bert getting lost on his roller skates.
ME: Um, I don't think there is a show of it. It's just a picture.
JULIA: Well, but then how did Bert say "I shouldn't have gone this way because I wound up back where I was before?"
ME: (silent.) Julia, YOU said that.
JULIA: I did?

Was she so deep into her imagination as she drew a path that she momentarily thought she was Bert??

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAH. Oh my gosh. I'm crying. WHAT A DOPE COURTNEY!!! She's so cute and weird I can't even take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COURTNEY I'M CRYING AT THE BERT ONE!LK@#N%LK!H#L5k1h23LKSGlka35lqk2h35lq235rlqk23thql235

    ReplyDelete