Thursday, December 9, 2010

Julia's Wish Lish

I got an e-mail from Auntie Shannon today, asking what Julia would like for Christmas. I turned the question over to Julia, expecting that she would list one or more of the following items from the wish list she has been citing for months:

-A Cinderella doll
-An Ariel doll
-Polly Pockets
-Littlest Pet Shop
-A play coffee maker
-An American girl doll

Instead, she rattled off an entirely different set of items, including:

-Ice skates
-A toy roller coaster
-A toy airplane
-A squeaky mouse
-A Care Bear puzzle
-A dinosaur that can turn into a cloud

Hmm. Good luck, Auntie Shannon. And seeing as I already bought several items from her earlier wish list, I sure hope she's not disappointed to get a Cinderella doll and a play coffee maker instead of a dinosaur that can turn into a cloud.

I'd have to point out, however, that her powers of imagination might make it entirely possible to pretend she has her squeaky mouse and toy roller coaster and what not even without having such toys in hand. We were late to school today because it took Julia over half an hour to eat even a few bites of her lunch, all due to the fact that she was completely distracted by a broken chair rung that was sitting on the table. Did I say broken chair rung? Excuse me, I meant magic wand, which she used to make magic spell after magic spell, narrating every moment of what went on in between spells. No amount of prodding from me to eat her lunch could draw her attention away from waving the chair rung around and granting one wish after another to herself (or whatever character she herself was playing.)





Abracadabra!

2 comments:

  1. Courtney. Good Lord. Who have you created! Haha. And phew - I got Julia a Dinosaur that can turn into a cloud so it's good to know I'm on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mira wants fake makeup & a fake computer, which are easier to come by than a dinosaur that can turn into a cloud, but probably won't be remembered with the same fondness.

    ReplyDelete