Monday, September 27, 2010

More randoms

Okay, so yesterday I promised not to post about poop again today, and I will hold to that - although, I must warn you, this next item still involves the potty. When Julia went into the bathroom today, she first stepped on the scale and then announced in delight, "Mama! I weigh thirty-eight!" "Wow! You big girl!" I applauded her, then heard her climbing onto the toilet. "Mama, do you know why I rushed in here so fast?" she asked me. "Because I needed to go pee-pees SO badly." Again, I commended her: "Well, I'm glad you got into the bathroom in time. Good job!" "Yeah," she concurred, "But first, I had to see how old I am." Wow, who knew that stepping on a scale could tell you both your weight AND your age.

Afterwards, during lunch, we had this exchange:

JULIA: Mama, guess what I'm gonna do when I'm all done eating?
ME: What?
JULIA: It's gonna be SO silly!
ME: What is it?
JULIA: I'm not gonna tell you. Okay, I'll tell you. I'm gonna make the house of the three little pigs and the big bad wolf!

And after making the promised house, she proudly presented it to me, explaining, "The strawberry is the pig."



Call me crazy, but I wouldn't think an edible house would be the best option for keeping the wolf away.

Madeleine too has begun showing her ability for pretend play. Her latest trick is to take the tv remote and put it up to her ear as if it's a play phone. Today she even said, "O?" when "answering." Her ability to get the remote to the accurate spot needs a little work though. More often it winds up behind her head:


2 comments:

  1. I hope the scale is wrong. I know I have promised in the past to try to make it into the hundreds without dying, but really, that number seems excessive! Hahahaha. Glad to see Julia is working on her architectural talents and Madeleine her receptionist skills. Who knows, maybe one day there will be a design firm called Rowe & Rowe! (p.s. no "your boat" puns necessary!) Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to rip madeleine's head off.

    ReplyDelete