Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Loser Barbie

When I was a little girl, my absolute favorite Barbie doll was my Icelandic Barbie. She had white-blonde wavy hair and a gold-laced blue peasant dress and I thought she was positively beautiful. In fact, I had a fascination with Iceland and wanted to travel there someday so I could experience the blonde-haired beauties in person. Well, I recently found out that my mother has been saving my Icelandic Barbie all these years, to pass along to Julia when she became old enough for Barbie dolls. That rite of passage came recently, and Julia has been thrilled with her "new" toy. Unfortunately, whether it's because the doll is already well-worn, or because Julia actually *isn't* old enough yet, within about five minutes of Julia playing with her, Icelandic Barbie became a loser:



We tried sticking her head back on, which allows for two options. She can be Barbie-no-neck, which looks pretty ridiculous, or she can be, à la Harry Potter, Nearly-Headless-Barbie. Luckily, Julia doesn't get too upset when Nearly-Headless-Barbie's head rolls off over and over. Today when it happened, she just cast the Barbie body aside and moved onto a new activity: coloring a picture that was "a drawing completely of so much spider webs!":

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. She's such a freak. I want to rip HER head off. She's so cute.

    ReplyDelete