Friday, September 24, 2010

Anoter post about artwork

Julia drew a picture the other day, and excitedly held it up to me, saying, "Mama, what does this look like to you?":



"I'm not sure," I told her. "What is it?"
Not ready to let me give up yet, she decided to give me a clue: "Do you see a red thing with a pool and a hose?"
"Uh, yeah, is this a big pool here?" (pointing to the big object on the right."
"No, no, that's a house!" she corrected me.
"Ohhhhh, okay, so the pool is this blue thing?" pointing to the blue object to the left of the house.
"Yes."
"Oh, that's a great pool, honey!"
At this point I think she was tired of waiting for me to figure out what the drawing represented, so she announced, "It's.... OUR HOUSE! With Jovina and Wyatt."

Our former neighbors, who just recently moved, had a big blow-up kiddie pool that Julia loved to swim in, so obviously the pool and hose in the drawing represents the old days when our neighbors used to be here. I encouraged her to draw the kids as well, so she flipped the paper over and colored Jovina, Wyatt and Quinn:



I think, unfortunately, Madeleine and I are lackluster play-mates compared to her dear ex-neighbor friends. Although Madeleine is finding more and more creative ways to play these days. Yesterday I let her come in the kitchen with me while I made some pumpkin bread, and she decided to pull all of the pots and pans out of one of the cupboards and then - what else - climb inside:



Who needs a play kitchen refrigerator when you can climb inside REAL kitchen cabinets? At least she didn't try to climb inside the real refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. My gosh, I want to just grab Madeleine's little thighs and bite them off! That little diaper butt honey.

    Tell Julia that I knew EXACTLY what that picture was without needing hints! C'mon Court, it looks EXACTLY like it!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a pool that was bigger than your whole house! How could I have missed that the last time I was there. I better have sharper eyes next time. Love that picture Julia. Madeleine, you get more and more like Mommy with each day! Where's the Tupperware and wooden spoons! Where's Lydia on the autoharp or the dream cat that made us think it was a tiger! Love my grandgirls. Yiayia

    ReplyDelete