Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Randomness

Last night at dinner, Julia was spewing out all kinds of random statements in the midst of eating her sausage and veggies. I wish I knew what had been going on in that head of hers to lead her from one point to another. Here are a few samples from her smorgasboard of random thoughts:

JULIA: Mama, it wouldn't be nice for someone to put sticks in ement mixers.
ME: You're right, it wouldn't be nice to put sticks in cement mixers.
JULIA: (thoughtful) But could you HIT a cement mixer?

I explained the cons of hitting a cement mixer with both your hand and your car, which I guess must have bored her, because she then turned to Ethan and exclaimed, "Your name isn't Daddy or Ethan. I'M Ethan! I'm Ethan ROWE-ROWE!"

Okay... wherever that came from. She then spent the next several minutes telling Ethan he was Courtney Rowe-Rowe, she was Daddy, and so on. I don't remember who I was but I'm sure there was some label given to me as well. Once she had tired of dubbing us all with new goofy names, she suddenly began the following conversation:

JULIA: I wish I was a pretend girl. Daddy, I wish I was a pretend girl.
ETHAN: Well, you could make up a pretend girl, and you could pretend to be her, and then you could be a pretend girl.
JULIA: (as if Ethan had said the most illogical thing in the world) No, I wanna be a CROCODILE!
ME: (beginning to furiously type the ridiculous things Julia had been saying to put on the blog.)
ETHAN: Julia, are you TRYING to give us memorable lines?
JULIA: Uh, yeah. Is that not nice?

1 comment: