Thursday, May 6, 2010

Julia performs

Julia has become quite proficient at working the various devices we have around our house, including the remotes for the DVD player and TV, the white-noise machine in her bedroom, and the digital bathroom scale. The latter has been her favorite device of late, and she very proudly taps it with her toe to turn it on, waits diligently for the 0.0 to flash across the screen, steps on, and then announces proudly, "Mommy! I weigh thirty-four pounds!" We then always applaud her for being such a big girl and growing so much and she beams at our praise. I guess yesterday she wanted to really blow my mind because she proclaimed to me, "Mommy! I weigh FIFTY AND A HALF MONTHS!"

And in other skill areas, Julia had her Creative Movement gymnastics class "recital" today, which meant the parents were all invited to attend the last class of the session, and the kids showed off the moves they had learned over the course of the past few months. So Ethan, Madeleine and I all went to watch, and I proudly got my video camera ready, only to have Julia act on her typical group performance behavior:



Never fear, however. As soon as they were performing one-on-one, she was happy to demonstrate her newly acquired skills. Here's a video of Julia going through one of the various floor routines they had worked on:



And here she is doing her bar and balance beam routine, followed by her attempt at a cartwheel:




And finally, the third floor routine - this is actually a replication that she did for me after the performance, because I had pressed the wrong button on my video recorder and didn't actually catch the real deal:

No comments:

Post a Comment