Thursday, May 14, 2020

Remote PE Class

The difficulties of remote learning:

MADELEINE: I have to go outside and do a disc ball course for PE.
ME: Okay.

(Several minutes later)

MADELEINE: (returning inside) So, Mommy?  I was using the BLACK frisbee, since that one's OLDER, and it's, like, dirtier, and I threw it, but I threw it into the woods.
ME: Oh, okay.
MADELEINE: And then I chickened OUT of getting it, because of PLANTS.
ME: Well, you know there's no poison ivy in our woods, right?
MADELEINE: Well, THEN I went and got the NEWER frisbee, which is PINK, but I picked i up and there was a Daddy Long-Legs on it, so Mommy?  I decided that I think that's good enough, because I got it in three holes.
ME: Okay.
MADELEINE: It's kinda good that I got it into the WOODS, because...at first I was aiming for the COMPOST BINS, but...there were a lotta bugs, and they'd probably BREAK if I threw a frisbee at them, so...the woods is BETTER than the compost bins!


I'm gonna take her word on it and assume that whatever she was supposed to be doing for PE involving Frisbees and holes was done adequately.

And I guess our Frisbee is lost in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment