Wednesday, October 9, 2019

No School Day

I am thinking of all my Jewish friends today on Yom Kippur.

For those of us who are not Jewish, it was a rainy no school day with nothing major to do, meaning my kids both spent a bunch of time on electronics.  Specifically, Madeleine has been busy making animations and I-movie trailers, sometimes forcing Julia to be in a scene.

As I was trying to get out the door for a run before the rain began (the rain which is forecast to last for 3+ DAYS...ugh...), both girls had the sudden urge to show me EVERY collage, animation, and gif they had created on their electronic devices. 

Among the things I had the privilege of viewing: an animation of a handful of Fruit Loops being eaten one by one (with the final Fruit Loop disappearing bite by bite,) an animation of a Barbie doll saving a beached Barbie Mermaid, a gif of Julia doing "dance moves," an animation of an American girl doll doing some unexplained thing, a collage of Julia's friends, a collage of Julia's family, a collage of Julia and cousin Owen, a collage of Julia at swim, a collage of Needham Sharks, an animation of Madeleine doing "dance moves," and an animation of a Beanie Boo bunny doing "dance moves." 

Oh, yeah, and then there was the more recent I-movie trailer that featured a few seconds of rapid fire shots of Madeleine's hair, and then a completely blank template that for some reason I was still obliged to watch through to the end.  Madeleine had briefly gone outside to take some action shots for her trailer, and was bursting with desire to show them to me.

MADELEINE: And then there's just a lot of blank stuff. (continuing to hold her laptop in front of my face for me to watch.

I anticipated that there might be some actual footage at some point, but nope, after that brief beginning I just got to watch templates saying things like "GROUP SHOT" and "ACTION SHOT" flash before me, as pre-programmed music played.  Let me tell you.  It.  Was.  Riveting.

I might not even have to watch any tv tonight to unwind, because I got so much stimulation from all these amazing action shots all day long!

2 comments: