Sunday, May 26, 2019

Black-Eyed Courtney

Well, sporting a lumpy head and a black eye can make one feel ugly, but Madeleine made sure to give me a boost on my appearance.

MADELEINE: Hey Mommy!  It kind of looks like you're wearing EYE SHADOW!

Yup, it does.  Except for instead of just on the lid, it's like I'm wearing it all around my eye:




Meanwhile, I continue to recover and get plenty of sleep.  This morning, after sleeping in, Ethan and I were just about to sit down to a homemade brunch when Madeleine decided she wanted to read "Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone" aloud to us.  I had been looking forward to listening to a podcast while eating brunch and sipping my coffee, so I tried to deflect Madeleine.

ME: How about you read silently to yourself on the couch while we eat?
MADELEINE: But I want to read a chapter ALOUD to someone.
ME: Why don't you go into your room and read it to your American Girl dolls?
MADELEINE: No, they INTERRUPT too much.  They ask TOO MANY questions and they don't really LISTEN.

Those unruly American Girl dolls.

Julia took a MAJOR ONE for the team and offered to go in Madeleine's room and let Madeleine read aloud to her.  THANK YOU, JULIA!  This allowed Ethan and I some peace and relaxation for our morning, which was exactly what my concussed head needed.

Madeleine has been busy in other way besides reading aloud.  She is working hard on whatever this is:


Now, I know my brain isn't necessarily operating at 100%, but I'm a little stymied by a few of these clues.  I mean, I obviously know that #4, _____ screen, is "sun."  But does anybody have any ideas for #1?  "A delightful, classic summer mash-up"?  Hints welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I cannot see what the letters or spaces are for A Delightful Summer Mashup on Madeleine's column grid. It's too small.

    ReplyDelete