Monday, October 15, 2018

Madeleine's Halloween Ideas

In the car today, Madeleine came up with some ideas for the bowl of candy we'll leave out for trick-or-treaters.

MADELEINE: Mommy!  I have a GREAT idea!  This year, in our Halloween candy bowl, let's put a HAND!
ME: Okay.
MADELEINE: Actually, no...a HEAD!
ME: A head, huh?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  But what if someone actually TAKES the head.  It's supposed to be just for decoration.
ME: Hmmm.
MADELEINE: Mommy?  The reason I really want a HEAD in our candy bowl is because...every year, I look around, and people have: blow-up dragons, blow-up arches you can walk under, blow-up Snoopy, giant spiders, sparkly pumpkin lights, bats you can hang to look like they're flying...well, actually, I've never seen those, but I can imagine them, and they're probably real...and we just have: ART.  Like, art we made at Plaster Fun Time.  And we have a bowl full or SO much candy, and then we're just like, "Eh, take one or two" and we leave a note and so you can't even really SEE the bowl.


Sheesh.  Harsh criticism on my Halloween decorating.  I guess our festive hand-made door hangings are not cutting it.  I've gotta step it up and get some bats I can hang to look like they're flying so we can keep up with the neighborhood here.

No comments:

Post a Comment