Monday, October 8, 2018

Being Julia

Sometimes I am taken completely unawares by the randomness of what comes out of Julia's mouth.  Take, for example, her impromptu song she burst out with while making herself a cup of hot chocolate in the kitchen this morning.

JULIA: Can I make myself some hot chocolate?
ME: Sure.
JULIA: (beginning her hot chocolate preparations and launching into song) Oh, Iiiiii'm a butt snuffleupagus, a butt snuffleupagus, I'm a butt snuffleupagus...
ME: Um...okay.


Sometimes Julia herself is taken unawares by the randomness of her brain.

AUNTIE SHANNON: Huh?  Who typed "dingleberry" on my list of things to do today?
GIRLS: (silence)
AUNTIE SHANNON: Madeleine?  Did you come type "dingleberry" on my computer?
MADELEINE: No.
AUNTIE SHANNON: Who typed this?
JULIA: Honestly, it was probably me, but I have NO memory of doing that.


And other times, I am completely and utterly NOT surprised by the random thing that pops out of Julia's mouth.

ME: Who keeps closing the blinds in the bathroom at night?
JULIA: Me!
ME: Why do you keep doing that?
JULIA: Because I'm scared of clowns!


Of course she is.  OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment