Tuesday, October 2, 2018

9th Birthday!

Well, Madeleine has been micromanaging every detail of her birthday for the past month+, and the big day is finally here!  Let's see how we did for this brand new 9-year-old.

Her hair, outfit, and accessories vision:



The real deal:



Her cake vision (which I just found out about on Sunday, leaving me scrambling to throw something together):



The real deal:



I baked and frosted the above, but Madeleine did the actual decoration.  She is SO incredibly excited about the cake that until 2 days ago I didn't even know I was supposed to make.  I figured I'd be making cupcakes for her party in a few weeks and she'd probably just get dessert at whatever restaurant we go to tonight. NOPE.  It was unicorn cake on the brain and she was gonna make it happen even if she had to bake the whole thing herself.  I am NOT a crafty person, so I was in a panic about this whole thing, but Madeleine is extremely satisfied.

ETHAN: When I saw this cake, I just started laughing.  I thought that Madeleine had probably decorated it, but it was possible that Julia did it, and I couldn't really rule out the chance that Courtney had decorated it.

Yup.  THAT'S HOW GOOD I AM, FOLKS.

Happy, happy 9th birthday to a girl who brings joy to each and every day of my existence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment