Friday, January 6, 2017

Family Fun Night

This evening was Family Fun Night at the girls' school, which means that Julia ran off with a bunch of friends and I barely saw a peek of her all night, while Madeleine repeatedly cried over this thing or that thing.  Before Madeleine reached the point of exhausted teariness, though, she was pretty excited about Family Fun Night.  As we walked over in the snowy cold evening air, she gleefully dashed ahead of me; that is, until she needed to urgently report a problem to me.

MADELEINE: My BUTTCRACK is SO itchy!  I'll have to wait to scratch it after I take my GLOVES off!

A few minutes later Madeleine just said eff-it, the gloves are coming off outside.  She yanked a glove off and went to town on her itchy buttcrack, announcing, "The BEST way to do it is just THROUGH the underwear."

No shame about loudly discussing her itchy buttcrack whatsoever.  No shame about scratching it, either, although to be fair, it was at least dark out so the people walking behind us *maybe* didn't see in full detail.

It just goes to figure, then, that when it was time to dress up for the photo booth, Madeleine wore a poop hat:



Her mood brightened up significantly once she had that hat on.  Because we all know it's pretty impossible to cry when one is wearing a poop hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment