Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Drawings

Some recent drawings of Madeleine's that I have discovered amongst our art supplies:

Pony's!



Mermaid wings




Apparently the common theme between mythical creatures like mermaids and Pegasi is that one of them always has to be flying headfirst and sideways into one of her pals.  And if that Pegasus is an alicorn, meaning a Pegasus/Unicorn, that impact is definitely gonna hurt.


In other news, the girls brought in their donations for Sandwich Tuesday at school today.  Julia's grade collects travel-sized deodorants to be distributed among the homeless in Boston, while Madeleine's class collects mini-toothpaste and disposable toothbrushes.  Julia always remembers to turn hers in on collection day, while Madeleine is less consistent.  On our walk home from school I made sure Madeleine had remembered.

ME: Did you hand in your toothpaste today for Sandwich Tuesday?
MADELEINE: Uhhhhh....oh yeah!  Yes!  I did.
ME: Okay, good.
MADELEINE: But you know that you don't always have to wait until Sandwich Tuesday to turn it in.
ME: I know, but since there was no school yesterday, today was the earliest you could bring it in this week.
MADELEINE: (thoughtful) Mommy?  Do you think maybe I should bring in a nickel?
ME: A what?
MADELEINE: Do you think I should bring in a nickel from my piggy bank to give to the homeless people?
ME: Oh, well I think bringing items like socks, and chapstick, and deodorant ant toothpaste is really helpful, so you're already helping your school provide for the homeless.
MADELEINE: Yeah, but I really WANT to bring in a nickel.  It feels like the right thing to do.


Now THAT is generosity.  I mean, what CAN'T a person do with a whole nickel?  Madeleine is a champion for sure, changing the world one nickel at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment