Sunday, June 5, 2016

Madeleine Can Play With Anything

Three examples, demonstrating Madeleine's ability to make a pretend-play game out of ANYTHING.


#1: Two coat hangers in the car.

MADELEINE: "We're best friends!"  "But I'm better than you."  "No, I'm better than you."  "Hey!  Why do you think you're better?"  "See, I'm BIGGER than you are."  Mama?  So, they're best friends, but they broke up, because they were getting in a fight about which one is BETTER, and they kept fighting about it and fighting about it so they decided to break up.



#2: The teeth of the comb from my gym bag.

MADELEINE: (plucking at each individual tine) "I'm in fourth grade.  What grade are YOU in?"  "I'm in fifth grade."  "Oh, well I'm in fourth grade, and she's in fourth grade too."  "Well, I'm in fifth grade, and I'm a little taller."



#3: Two rocks on her bed.

MADELEINE: Mama!  Look!  (pointing to the bottom rock) THIS one's the spy cake, and (pointing to the top rock) this one's the chocolate chip on top!


Makes me wonder why we even own any actual toys at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment