Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Art from the Girls

Madeleine is big into drawing mermaids lately.  Here is the most recent of her mermaid-centric pictures:

Ahh, a happy mermaid, swimming peacefully through the sea.
I'm really not sure what's going on in the lower part of the picture, though.  It seems like a cyclops sea monster/octopus, a black kitty cat in a dress, and a girl with electrified eyelashes are all hanging out together, watching the mermaid swim by.  It wouldn't be a Madeleine drawing without a little mystery to it, right?


Julia, meanwhile, brought home her portfolio from art class, and I got to browse her year's work.  While she had lots of mixed media projects, she also had some pencil sketches in the folder of work.  I think this one was my favorite:

I'm not sure whether it was Julia's idea to name all the animals or if that was part of the project.  I'm going to take a guess that it's the former.

I was especially amused by Wonder the Horse.  Taking a look at the erased first attempt, I think it was a good idea that Julia decided to try drawing him again:






While Wonder is currently an unusually long-bodied horse with legs disproportionately close to his head, the original drawing was even less "Wonder the Horse" and much more "Wonder the Manatee With Peacock Tail and Giraffe Legs."  I'd take a hot-dog-bodied horse over that sort of a creepy hybrid any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment