Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What the Kids are Thankful For

Both girls came home from school today with thankfulness projects.  The great disparity between these two accounts of being thankful pretty much sums up everything about their individual personalities.


Here is Julia's:


"I am thankful for my home and my family.  I am thankful for my house because without it I would'nt live anywhere.  I am thankful for it because it keeps me warm.  I am thankful for it because it's cozy and everyone I love lives there.  I am thankful for it because I feel safe there.  I am thankful for my family because they comfort me.  I am thankful for them because they help me.  I am thankful for them because my sister is so cute and I love to play with her.  I am thankful for them because they love me and I love them."

My heart is truly bursting. 


Here is Madeleine's:

I am thankful for..
"the ran."


Wow.  She put some serious thought into that one.

ME: Madeleine, what makes you thankful for the rain?
MADELEINE: I dunno.  I just felt like putting that. 

(Julia also felt the need to question this)

JULIA: Madeleine.  You're thankful for the rain?!?
MADELEINE: I just decided I wanted to write that.
JULIA: You like it when it rains??
MADELEINE: Sometimes.  A little bit.


Just when I didn't think it was possible to feel more touched and heart-warmed than I felt while reading what Julia is thankful for, WHAM! -  Madeleine went and hit it out of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment