Sunday, November 8, 2015

Mittens

Even though it has been unseasonably warm over the past week, the girls apparently have winter on their minds.  While I am living in the now and refusing to even think of the coming colder months, Julia and Madeleine decided to get crafty this morning by decorating cut-out mittens.  Both girls decided to make me a pair of paper mittens, with words of encouragement to help me through my worst days of Seasonal Affective Disorder, come winter weather.

Julia delightedly presented me with the following mittens:





JULIA: (with joyous pride) So Mommy, I thought, when you're feeling glum about winter, you can just look down at the sun on these mittens!


Madeleine's mittens contained an encouraging message:

"SUMR KUMS Soon Wintrs Gunu pas."


Wow.  Thanks, girls!  I'm certain that during the bleak, cold, snowy days of winter, these mittens will give me just the boost I need to keep my spirits up!




No comments:

Post a Comment