Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Acrostic Poems

Julia is a big fan of acrostic poems, and frequently comes home from school with a page full of her own acrostics. 

Yesterday's really took the cake.  Here are some of my favorites:


Most busy day
Outstanding
Normal
Desk
A day
Yucky or yummy snack & lunch?

First of all, I applaud her for digging deep and coming up with such well-thought out descriptions of Monday as "normal," "desk," and "a day."  Secondly, does she really have to wonder whether I packed her a yucky or yummy snack??  Does she open her backpack and think, "I wonder if Mom packed me Goldfish or fried worms today?"



Normal to be chilly
Odd with how many birthdays there are
Velvet cupcakes for my bday party
Excellent
My birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brings Thanksgiving & fall leaves
Extrodinary!
Rapters & other birds are away


I agree, Julia.  November is excellent and extraordinary, because it is the month in which YOU were born!



Snooze & sleep in
Always bagels are bought (for my family)
Temple or church
Usuly not busy
Really great!
Different from other days
A happy Halloween
Yummy goodies!


I sure wish Julia would snooze & sleep in on Saturdays.  Instead she's up at the same crack of dawn that awakens her on weekdays.  Also, I'm glad she clarified that the bagels are bought for our family.  Otherwise I would have thought they're only for her.  And apparently Saturday is not a day on which Julia needs to wonder whether her food will be yucky or yummy.  That's only on Mondays.  On Saturdays, the goodies are always yummy!


Mama
Always is obsessed with something
Daring
Excellent
Laugh
Extrodinary
Interesting
Nice
Engaged in shows

I am beginning to think that "excellent" and "extraordinary" are simply Julia's go-to adjectives whenever a word has multiple "e"s in it.  Let's test this theory by looking at one last acrostic she made:


Honasty
Excellent
Really, really good
Muggleborn
Interesting
Outstanding
Nice
Extrodinary


Yup.  Theory proven.




No comments:

Post a Comment