Monday, November 9, 2015

Dinner and Drawings

A typical dinner time conversation:

JULIA: Mommy, Mommy!  I made up a song!  Wanna hear it?  (beginning a faux rap) I turned into a canteloupe last night when I ate an antelope. 
ME: Wow.  That's great.
JULIA: (thoughtful) Uh...maybe I should've done "I turned into an ANTELOPE last night when I ate a CANTELOUPE."

I can see she really thought her song through before she began singing it to me.


And here is some typical Madeleine craft work.  You might worry that kindergarten is turning her atypical artistic streak straight, but luckily, she still has her own unique Madeleine style.  Here are just a few of the crafts I found on our dining room table today:

It's a donut and a turkey.  I *think* this is what it says (in non-kindergarten spelling): "Arnie meets Twisty.  'Hi I'm Arnie,' "Hi Arnie I'm Twisty." 

Because it's a totally logical idea to have a talking donut and turkey that are the same size, just chilling and chatting together, right?


While Madeleine might make her numbers correctly at school nowadays, you can rest assured that she still makes a lot of them backwards at home, and she still has not mastered the art of starting small enough with her letters so as to fit her entire name across one line.


And then we have the brown sun.  Because...why not??



No comments:

Post a Comment