Friday, July 3, 2015

Swimming With the Mintz

In case you're wondering what the Mintz are up to these days, here's an update:

They're all over at Rosemary Pool, just like Julia.

Max and Jastina and Jessica are all lifeguards.  Lilly and Juliana are on the swim team.  Zoie is taking swim lessons.

However, as Julia got ready for her first summer swim meet last night in Medfield, she got a little overeager to include the Mintz in the big event as well.

JULIA: (coming over to me after warm-ups) Mom?  I was imagining that the Mintz are on the Rosemary Pool swim team and they're having their meet, but then I realized: two of them are 17 and 15 so they can't be on the swim team, because they're LIFE GUARDS.  So, like, how could they be going to swim team practice when they're supposed to be life guards??


Julia, who is not a life guard and is legitimately on the team, greatly enjoyed her first meet, finishing second in butterfly and first in breast stroke!  She also kicked off the first leg of a freestyle relay:




I know Max, Jastina and Jessica couldn't be there because they were busy lifeguarding at Rosemary Pool, but I bet Lilly and Juliana were super proud of Julia!

1 comment:

  1. that LITTLE HONEY(@*$&(@#*%WEDS I can't stand how much I love her and how proud I am of her!!!

    ReplyDelete