Sunday, July 5, 2015

Madeleine's Revenge

Madeleine and Julia were happily invested in a pretend-play game of "Monster High," when Madeleine suddenly switched gears and wanted to play "Hocus Pocus" instead. 

Julia refused.  And Madeleine decided to show her sister who's boss.

MADELEINE: (sternly) Julia.  If you DON'T play "Hocus Pocus" with me right now, you won't get to do ANY of the things you want to do for the REST of the day.
JULIA: I don't care, Madeleine.

Julia then came upstairs to eat some lunch, and several minutes later, Madeleine ran up, triumphantly waving a piece of paper.

To emphasize her point, Madeleine had drawn a picture showing how despondent Julia will be as she lives out Madeleine's punishment.



MADELEINE: (gloating) Message for Julia! It says "HA, HA, Julia."
JULIA: (scathingly) It says "HOO HOO, Julia."
MADELEINE: No!  It says "Ha ha Julia."

The use of "O" instead of "A" is my doing, I think.  I have been trying to teach Madeleine the sound of an open "O" vowel, as in "octopus." 

However, the double and triple "Os" are inexplicable to me.  I would have expected a Jolly Old St. Nick-style "Ho ho Julia" instead.  Not an owl hooting.

In any case, Julia proceeded to giggle in amusement over what Madeleine had hoped would be an in-your-FACE dealing-out of justice.  So I guess, to sum it all up, "Hoo hooo, Madeleine, the joke's on YOU!"


3 comments:

  1. I say boo, hoo, please don't fight!! XOXO, Yiayia .com/mem/2565165/boo-hoo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that whole link didn't come out in previous post. It was, www.memrise.com.com/mem/2565165/boo-hoo/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaha oh Madeleine. I can really relate to you! It's hard to be the youngest!

    ReplyDelete