Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Schoolwork by Julia

Among Julia's latest school work to come home was another poem, this one entitled "Grass."  Now, the title might give you the impression of some sort of beatnik poet opining on the highs and lows of a different kind of grass, but Julia's poem deals with her desperate desire to see the winter snow melt from our lawn.







Grass by Julia

Every day I see the grass.
I always see it through the glass.
I'd rather see that much more than snow,
boy I can't wait untill the rest of that stuff goes!
Oh the snow kepps on falling.
But that's 'cause that stuff keeps on stalling.
But now I can see the grass everyday
through the glass.
I see it every day,
shining in a happy way!


The snow definitely did kepp on falling and storms kept stalling over our neck of the woods all winter long.  I, like Julia, am SO glad that we can now see the grass when we look out the glass of our windows, and that the grass is finally shining in a happy way!


In addition to this poem, Julia brought back some of her work from art class, and I am particularly fond of this creature creation:


While Madeleine seems able to amp up the creep factor in just about EVERYTHING she creates, Julia has the opposite situation.  Even this alien bug-like guy can't come close to giving me the heebie-jeebies with his happy little stars and hearts on his body.

I like to see this alien bug-like guy every day, with his body tattoos shining in a happy way!

No comments:

Post a Comment