Monday, April 13, 2015

More on Easter

I didn't have a chance to post much about Easter yesterday, but today I can give you more of the exciting details.  To begin with, Madeleine declared it "the best Easter EVER!" after receiving her Easter basket, and Julia proclaimed that no other day can ever be better than Easter was.

The kids were thrilled with the loot in their Easter baskets:



In addition to these jam-packed baskets that I hid for them, the kids also received candy from Yiayia, and stuffed Easter Peep animals from Auntie Shannon.  Madeleine got a pink chick, while Julia was granted a blue bunny.

MADELEINE: Julia!  Look at my chick!  I'm gonna name it "Peeps!"
JULIA: (loudly and jubilantly) I'm gonna name mine Pee-Pee! (silence) Uh, actually, that's not such a great name...(loudly) I'm gonnna name mine Peepa!

Peeps and Peepee Peepa


Julia wasn't content with merely receiving gifts; she was inspired to make presents for all of the Orthodox (and one non-Orthodox human and one dog of unknown religion) members of the family. 

Get ready for some fun and wacky poetry from none other than Julia Rowe!:

What Should I Get You? for Mommy
What should I get you for EASTER, say!
There are so many things I could get on my way!
Sparkles, glitter, a new pair of shoes,
but the question is, wat can I get for YOU!



Cheeralie for Daddy
There once was a pony named Cheeralie,
and she was happy as can be!
She danced all day in the hot warm sun,
She did that untill the day was done!
She kicked her hoofs this way and that,
o a rat-a-tat tat!
This way that way, here, too!
I want to be with Y-O-U!


Madeleine for Madeleine
Madeleine is here every day,
that's something she'll always say!
Well that is something that's known best,
for Madeleine will go to every fest!
She'll make a game, it'll not be lame,
never oh never oh never!



Easter for Caitlyn
Oh, Easter is in its festive way,
let's celebrate it every day!
It's so awsome, it's so great!
Easter is nothing like a boring old plate!
I'll give to you what I give, which is something good.
So now it's Easter every day, Oh hip hip horray!



Clara for Shannon
There once was a dog named Clara,
and she was standing right thera!
Shannon hoped and she danced right with her,
because she always said
the bo-bo-head! (But she also called Julia Poo Poo Head!)
La la la, li li lo, peace man, Peace no war, yo!


Food for Clara
THERE'S FOOD!  THERE'S FOOD!
THERE'S A HAMBURGER AND CHESSE!
I WOULD LIKE A TON OF THOSE PLEASE!



I AM for Yiayia
I am a cat, I am a dog, I am also a frog.
I am a tennis racket, I am alsr a hat.
I am also a baseball bat!
There are so many things I am too. 
But the real question is, What are you?


Wow.  Awesome poetry, Julia! 

A few observations:

-I sure was thrown for a loop when the poem entitled "Madeleine" was for Madeleine, but then the poem entitled "Clara" was not for Clara.

-Easter is DEFINITELY better than a boring old plate.  Hands down.

-How is Julia so many different things?  How can she be a frog, and a dog and a cat, and a tennis racket, and a hat and a baseball bat all in one?  The question at the end of the poem sure intimidates me, because I'm only a human, not ALSO any other animals or inanimate objects.  Maybe Yiayia will fare better with her answer of what she is.

-The poem for Clara perfectly sums up nearly every moment of Clara's existence.  FOOOOOOOD!

All in all, Julia definitely outdid herself on the gifts this year.  I will truly treasure my poem forever.  Yiayia and Auntie Caitlyn, never fear: Shannon is safely guarding your poems and will give them to you when she next sees you.  Clara: sorry, but Shannon wants to keep your poem to herself, so you're gonna have to lose out on this one.  But seeing as the poem is not food, you probably don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment