Saturday, October 6, 2012

All Kinds of Drawings

Julia was busy making artwork this morning, delivering her finished products via "special delivery" (in other words, putting her pictures in a used cardboard box at the base of the front stairs, then announcing to me that a package had arrived.)  Inside the box, I was spookily surprised to find all sorts of Halloween drawings.

First off, there was the kooky ghost/snowman hybrid with what appears to be spiky turquoise hair, a blue top hat, twigs for arms, and some sort of fluffy blue mittens on his hands. 

BooBoo.


Then there were these angry PacMan-esque ghosts:






With this written on the back:

Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo.

Next up were these O-mouthed ghosts.  Ironically, even though their mouth position suggests they are most definitely saying "Boo Boo," Julia refrained from writing such text on this particular picture:





And finally, there was my favorite drawing of the bunch:

You all know I love pumpkins, so this one hit the sweet spot for me.  There is yet another ghost in this picture, as well as what I'm guessing is a scarecrow, or possibly a zombie.  The random blue patterns floating in the air between scarecrow and ghost are a mystery to me, giving the picture an extra X-files sort of creepiness. 

And speaking of creepy, it appears that Julia is beginning to rival her sister in the category of disturbingly eerie drawings.  The facial features Julia has drawn on these "Create-A-Face" pages are definitely horror show-chic:




I'm totally weirded out by these.

And yet, somehow, Madeleine's manages to weird me out more:

Shudder.

And in a completely coincidental link back to the earlier pictures on this post, Madeleine announced to me about this face: "She's CRYING because she got a BOO-BOO."

One would think, with all the experience Julia has now gained at adding facial features to a pre-drawn head, that she would be able to apply this skill outside of the "Create-A-Face" book.  However, for some inexplicable reason, she decided to use the template head from her Sunday School "God Made Me" worksheet in a completely different way. 

Apparently, God made Julia as a completely, fully-formed human being INSIDE of a human head.  Now THAT'S creepy:


















1 comment:

  1. Madeleine scares me.

    I love Julia's pictures! Especially the Halloween Scene one!

    ReplyDelete