Monday, September 26, 2011

Princesses

Julia has decided to be a princess this afternoon, one with all the luxuries a girl could ask for in her royal suite: her own large bathtub (the couch), a kitchen in her room in case she needs a snack, French doors (two little wooden chairs between the living and dining rooms), teacups of water "for in the night, in case we get thirsty," a washing machine, and a laundry basket.

Despite all these luxuries, however, she is still relegated to sleeping on the floor and looking after her little sister, Princess Baby Dashiell:



I guess I, the Queen, am too busy to look after Baby Dashiell, although I did get a chance to meet with my royal stylist, (also Julia; man, that girl doesn't get a break), who gave me a stunning look. Get ready to be wowed by my bonnet with accompanying felt headband:



Princesses Julia and Dashiell have since woken up from their nap and are enjoying some snack together in the royal kitchen.

And speaking of waking up, Madeleine and I had this conversation as I got her out of her crib this morning:

MADELEINE: Julia's still FWEEPIN'!
ME: Yup, Julia's still sleeping, you're right.
MADELEINE: Daddy's still FWEEPIN'!
ME: Actually, Daddy's at work.
MADELEINE: Mommy woke up!
ME: That's right. I woke up when I heard you wake up.
MADELEINE: Yeah, Mommy woke up and Mommy say COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!

She sure knows what's going on around here, all right.

1 comment: