Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Potty reading material

As Madeleine is learning to use the potty (albeit with many wet and dirty diapers in between potty-sitting), I'm beginning to learn her bathroom habits. It turns out she's one of those that needs to read something while sitting on the pot. We usually start with a book I can read to her, then afterwards she likes to look through the same book herself. Among her favorite toilet reads is "My Little People Schoolbus," in which she can open a myriad of flaps and make comments about the various Little People characters. If she doesn't know the names of the particular Little People, she doesn't hesitate to confidently label them with a name anyway.


MADELEINE: (pointing to the child at the far right window) It's GRANDMA!
(pointing to the middle child) That's SNOW WHITE! (pointing to the boy at the far left window) That's BOY!

One of her other preferred potty books is the Sesame Street "Pumpkin Patch Party." In fact, I've read it to her so many times that she can recite it from memory, including the captions under each flap. For instance: "Uh-oh! Here comes Headless Horseman! (lifting the flap) It's Ernie and Burp!"

Unfortunately, my video camera battery was low so I was only able to capture a few minutes of her potty reading adventures today, but here's a quick glimpse at all the fun I get to have as I sit on the bathroom floor while Madeleine entertains herself on the toilet:

No comments:

Post a Comment