Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Julia's drawings

JULIA: Mom, I'm making the clouds black instead of white. Do you know what I'm drawing?
ME: Ummmm... a thunderstorm?
JULIA: Yes!! You guessed it! Mom, don't you think tulips have kind of the same thing on the top as roses?
ME: Well, they both have petals.
JULIA: (getting frustrated) Uhhhh!! I'm trying to draw the things on top! I'm messing everything up! (grumpily) Fine, I guess I'm NOT gonna draw the things on top.
ME: It's okay, they still look like tulips to me.



JULIA: Okay, Mama, now I'm drawing something that's RED. Can you guess what it is?
ME: Uh.... is it... a fire truck?
JULIA: Nope!
ME: Can you give me another hint?
JULIA: We live in it!
ME: Is it... our house?
JULIA: Yes!!
ME: That's a great thing to draw!
JULIA: But Mama, don't you think it should be Halloween and shouldn't I draw pumpkins outside our house so people will know it's Halloween?
ME: Yes, that sounds great.
JULIA: Okay, Mama, I wrote all your names on it so you know that's who I made it for!



I'm guessing the letter below the "M" of "Mom" was intended to be a "D" for "Dad," but she was as dissatisfied with it as she was with the things on top of her tulips, so she abandoned that spot and chose to write "Dad" up to the left instead.

This one is definitely going on our fridge - Julia and I share a love of fall, Halloween and all things pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment