Sunday, August 21, 2011

Down to CT

We took a family trip to CT this weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday. Our initial plan was to drive down Saturday morning, but we made a last-minute decision to leave Friday night and surprise Yia-yia and Aunties Caitlyn and Shannon. Thinking the kids would fall asleep in the car, we left right around bedtime, only to have both girls wide-eyed and captivated by every sight out their window the whole drive down.

After getting to bed past ten at night, I would have expected Madeleine to sleep in a bit in the morning, but I guess the excitement of being in CT was too much for her, as she was up at 6am. From her pack-n-play right beside our bed, she began planning her day: "I want go downstairs? I want see Uncle Caitlyn? A see Yia-yia? See Uncle Caitlyn?"

I can only imagine how confused she's going to be next weekend, when we go to Vermont to see Nana (aka Gramps) and Gramps (aka Uncle Mike), along with the REAL Uncle Mike and his family...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful Birthday! The weekend was really fun and the girls were adorable! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete