Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Revising and Editing Woes

 Madeleine is in the midst of revising and editing her novel, "Founder of the Timeline Barrier," and is finding it tedious.

MADELEINE: Writing a book is so FUN, but revising and editing is so boring. 
ME: Yeah?
MADELEINE: Wait, I think I have an idea.  Maybe I can get lots of people to read it and post COMMENTS on things I should revise and edit.
ME: That's a good idea.
MADELEINE: Yeah, like I could have Julia read it, and Shannon and Caitlyn, and Nana, and Daddy, and...Mommy?  Are you good at CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?
ME: Yes, I am.
MADELEINE: (relieved) Okay.  'Cause, you're, like, the NICEST person I know, so I wasn't sure.

Mkay.  Does she realize I'm a teacher?  Constructive criticism is kind of our thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment