Monday, August 31, 2020

Last Pool Visit

 Yesterday was Rosemary Pool's last day of its abbreviated summer season, and we Rowes had claimed a time slot to get one last visit in:



  We were all sad to have the season come to a close, but no one moreso than Madeleine.  The weather was beautiful for sitting outside, but a bit chilly for swimming.  Julia, Ethan and I bailed after about 20 minutes and sat on the edge, warming up in the sun, while Madeleine kept at it for an hour.  Gleefully doing somersaults, swimming around under the water, and sprinting around the pool to catch the goggles Julia threw for her, Madeleine was a happy little dolphin.  When she finally got too cold to continue on in the water, she got out and we all sat in the bleachers to dry off in the sun.

ME: Should we warm up for about 10 more minutes and then head home?
MADELEINE: (sighing) I just wanna stay here FOREVER.
ME: I know.  I love Rosemary Pool too.
MADELEINE: Mommy? I think Rosemary Pool is my favorite place.
ME: Oh yeah?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  It's just so MAGICAL.  Like, the sparkling water...and I remember how after Sharks meets we would sometimes have pizza, and we'd go into the pool just for fun.
ME: I know.
MADELEINE: Mommy?  The one BAD thing about my plan to live in Nice when I'm a grown-up is that I'd miss Rosemary Pool.
ME: I know, you'd be really far away.
MADELEINE: Hey, wait a minute, I have an idea.  Maybe I could visit your house for the whole SUMMER.
ME: Yeah, you could.
MADELEINE: Yeah, and I could, like, work from HOME...well, it really WOULD be working from home, because it IS my house.
ME: Right.

So it's a plan.  Rosemary Pool for life, even when Madeleine is grown-up and living on the Mediterranean.  

'Til next season, Rosemary Pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment