Friday, August 7, 2020

Health Survey

 Yesterday, I was filling out an online National Survey on Children's Health as part of the US Census.  I had to answer basic health questions about one of my children, namely, Madeleine.  I could answer most questions off the top of my head, but when it came to height and weight, I realized I knew how tall she is but not how much she weighs.

ME: Hey, Madeleine, can you go downstairs to the bathroom scale and tell me how much you weigh?
MADELEINE: Okay!  (trotting downstairs and then shouting up to me) Nine hundred and two!
ME: Um...90.2?
MADELEINE: I dunno, it just said nine zero two.

And common sense told her that 902 was a realistic weight for a 10-year-old scrawny swimmer?!?  Needless to say, I entered 90 on the form.

No comments:

Post a Comment