Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Blast Open the Door

Madeleine has not forgotten the song she "notified" a few days ago.  Here's a much more competent version of her singing/playing:





And she has even added to it:






Madeleine has intentions for this to become a total family band project.

MADELEINE: So, Mommy, should Julia's flute part be, like, the HARMONY?

I can only imagine how agreeable Julia is going to be about partaking in this project.


In case you can't hear the words clearly enough, here are the lyrics written out:

I believe I can sing, I can. 
I believe I can sing, I can.
I know I can sing all right tonight.
Can sing all right tonight.

(Piano interlude)

I can sing.  I can fly!
Like the rainbows touch the sky!
How you wonder what it'd be like
If I just blast open the door to my potential.
The potential hidden deep inside,
I need it, I need it, I need, I NEED I-IT TO COME OUT!!!
I gotta blast open the door.

I know I can sing and I can.
So why do you say I can't?  I can.
You say I can't, I can.

(Piano Interlude)

I can fly through the sky-y-y!
Higher than the stars in the sky-y!
How you wonder what it'd be like
If I'd just blast open the door to my potential!
The potential hidden deep inside!
I need it, I need it, I need it, I NEED I-IT TO COME OUT!!!
I gotta blast open the door.


Love the confidence!  She needs it, she needs it, she needs it, she NEEDS I-IT...I guess if Madeleine keeps persevering she can say she "GOT I-I-IT."


No comments:

Post a Comment