Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First Day of School

Well, the new school year has begun, and the girls were off to 6th and 3rd grade!:



We have entered new territory with Julia, as she has begun a different school after 6 years at the same elementary school.  Rather than walking both girls 1/4 mile down the street to school at 8:05, I walked Julia to the bus stop to catch a 7am bus to middle school.  There was one other mom at the bus stop so I at least wasn't THAT mom walking her daughter to the bus while every other kid was solo.  (I mean, I *almost* was, but...) I did manage to wait until Julia was on the bus to take a picture (and I made sure not to wave to her or make eye contact) so that I didn't cause too much embarrassment:

The bus, taking my BABY off to middle school!  I'm not crying.


I then had some down time at home before taking Madeleine to school.  She was delighted to see one of her best friends as soon as we approached the playground.  Before this nicely posed photo, Madeleine was ecstatically picking her friend up while giving her a hug so tight it was practially squeezing the breath out of the poor kid:


Even though they're not in the same class this year, they got to play at recess, so all is well.


Both girls were chipper after school, and Julia especially had a lot to share about her day.  Madeleine shared her highlight, which was unfortunately misheard by her sister:

JULIA: Madeleine, how was 3rd grade?
MADELEINE: Great!
JULIA: What did you do?
MADELEINE: We learned the basic steps for cursive.
JULIA: You learned the basic steps for curses?!?

I mean, to be fair, either one would be equally exciting for Madeleine.

Hoping the second day of school goes as smoothly as the first!

1 comment:

  1. wow julia! the first day of school. only three fish months till its over! see you on the bus tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete