Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Birthday Book

One of my birthday presents from Madeleine was a book called "I Love You" by none other than Madeleine Rowe.  Written in rhyming verse, this book entails all of the ways in which she loves me.

MADELEINE: But...Mommy?  I discovered that I'm *not* very good at coming up with rhyming words!

I think she did A-okay on the rhyme scheme, at least to start.  As the book goes on, the rhymes are a bit of a stretch, but I'd take imagination and creativity over a perfect rhyme any day!

Here's the text of the book:

I love you like the fall breeze.  You work harder than busy bees!
I love you more than anything.  You're greater than a champion archer aiming!
I love you more than horses love hay.  I'm so glad you're my Mommy - I just want to say yay!
I love you like the sound of music.  Haven't you noticed that when I'm mad at you I never kick?
You're like a beautiful sparkle.  You're way more intelligent than Jack and Jill!
If you were an eclair I'd eat half of you.  I'd save the other half for loving you like a gnu!
If you were a movie I'd watch you every day.  From now on I promise every morning I'll tell you 'hey!'
I'd love you even if you were a beast.  On Thanksgiving let's sit next to each other and have a feast!


Okay, I changed my mind, the rhymes are pretty out there from about the second sentence.  But I applaud the creative imagery!  And I have to admit that I've never had the honor of being loved like a gnu before.  What did I do to receive such a lucky privilege??

No comments:

Post a Comment