Monday, August 20, 2018

Sword-Fight

MADELEINE: Who wants to have a sword fight?
JULIA: I'll have a sword fight!
MADELEINE: Okay.  And Julia?  If my sword isn't in the air, aim for my SHIELD.
JULIA: I thought we're supposed to hit our swords against each other, not hit each OTHER.
MADELEINE: Uh, yeah.

(clacking sound as plastic rods hit against each other)

MADELEINE: Ow!  Ow!! 
JULIA: Oh!
MADELEINE: Ow!  Hang on a minute.  (scampering off to her bedroom and re-emerging a few minutes later.)
JULIA: You're wearing GLOVES?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  So I don't hurt my hands.  Okay.  Let's go!

(clacking sounds as plastic rods hit against each other)

MADELEINE: Ow!
JULIA: Ow!
MADELEINE: Wait, just - OW!
JULIA: Oh - whoops - OW!
ME: Oooooookay, sword-fighting time is over!  Put everything away!  We're ALL done with that now!

No major injuries reported.  Here is Madeleine's fool-proof sword-fighitng outfit:

Bike helmet, cotton gloves, plastic play-school teacher wand, and paper-plate shield.  INVINCIBILITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment