Wednesday, August 1, 2018

College Discussion

Discussion in the car today with Madeleine:

MADELEINE: Mommy?  When I'm a grown-up, AKA an ADULT, what college do you think I should go to?
ME: I don't think we can know that until you're in High School, and we see what sort of subjects you're most interested in studying in college.  Then we'd see which colleges have good programs in those subjects.
MADELEINE: I used to want to go to Oxford, but now I think it might be HARD.  Because...there are MULTIPLE different pronunciations of English words in England.  PLUS, aren't you supposed to meet, like, the man of your dreams in college?  Because, like, then we couldn't STAY together, because...English? 


Man, Madeleine really knows what the important issues are when choosing a college.

No comments:

Post a Comment