Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Watching ER

Ethan and I have recently been re-watching the tv show ER, starting all the way back at Season 1.  We're currently up to Season 3, and we had just started an episode on our bedroom tv when Madeleine came in.

MADELEINE: Good night!  I finished my reading!
ME: Good night, honey.
MADELEINE: (climbing into the bed and under the covers)
ME: You want to give me a good night snuggle in here?
MADELEINE: Mmm-hmm.
ME: Okay, you can, but you have to be quiet, because Daddy and I are watching a show.

Madeleine settled in to cuddle while the scene showed Dr. Carter, who had overslept, rushing into rounds with the head of surgery.  Carter, flustered, flubs up the answers to the questions the surgery head is asking him about the patient they are studying.  Madeleine popped up from out of the covers to watch the screen, then look at me with her mouth wide open.

MADELEINE: He doesn't know ANYTHING about how to take care of ANIMALS!


Says the expert, who is so with the program that she immediately understood that ER is actually about doctors caring for animals, not human patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment