Friday, March 2, 2018

Hairstyles

This morning, before school:

JULIA: Mommy?  Can you do my hair in two French braids, please?
ME: Sure.

Several minutes later.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Can you do my hair in braids?
ME: Sure.
MADELEINE: FRENCH braids.  I want to look like Julia.
JULIA: Madeleine, did you get inspired by my hairstyle?
MADELEINE: Uh, no.  I just wanted to wear braids.  Because...I like how I look in braids.  Plus, Mommy?  I like wearing braids because...like, when you're playing, you feel IMPORTANT.  Because your hair swings around.  And, like, with hair DOWN, or, like, in a little ponytail, it doesn't swing around as much.  But with braids it swings around.


I think Madeleine hit the nail on the head here.  I personally judge a person's importance by how much her hair swings around, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment