Friday, March 23, 2018

Borrd

We in the Rowe household often joke about the fact that Madeleine included a slightly embarassing (to me, anyway) bit of personal information in her kindergarten enrichment journal.  She divulged the fact that sometimes, when my legs are really sore from running, I ask the kids to walk on them as a form of massage.  Not only is that just a little weird, but Madeleine made it clear how she felt about the exercise:

"WEN EVR MIY MOM ASXS MEE TO WOK ON HR HAM-STRRINGS I GET BORRD."


So for years, we have joked about Madeleine getting "borrd" while walking on my hamstrings.  Now that she is a wizened 8-year-old, Madeleine can fully appreciate the humor of having written about this in her journal.  In fact, she has decided to turn her journal entry into an entrepreneurial opportunity.  May I introduce you to: BORRD SPA, the newest massage joint in the area.  Treatments at BORRD focus on sore hamstrings, and massage options include running, walking or "trampoline" (in which the masseuse bounces up and down on one leg at a time.)

I have to say, I have been to BORRD several times over the past week, and its service is pretty great.  I would, in fact, call it Earth-Heaven, although I once had a bit of a disappointing experience when, near the end of my massage, my masseuse suddenly quit on me, without warning, because she had spied her father out the window on his way home from work.  Apparently hiding under a blanket in plain sight waiting for one's father to find one is more important than finishing a massage one is giving.  But aside from that one customer service issue, I have to say, I'd give BORRD the highest of ratings!

No comments:

Post a Comment