Friday, July 21, 2017

Ballerina Socks

Yesterday, Julia decided to take issue with Madeleine's socks.  As the three of us sat on the couch together, Julia began examining Madeleine's sock design.

Madeleine's sock


JULIA: (scathingly) Madeleine, is that girl supposed to be doing ballerina?
MADELEINE: What girl?
JULIA: (pointing at the ambiguous creature on Madeleine's sock) Her.
MADELEINE: What?
JULIA: Is she doing ballerina?
MADELEINE: Uhhh...let me see.
JULIA: Like, is she supposed to be doing ballerina?
ME: Is she doing what??
JULIA: Is she doing ballerina?
ME: Is she doing "BALLERINA?!?"
JULIA: (speaking to me as if she can barely tolerate my thickness) Yeah.  She's wearing a TUTU.
ME: Do you mean "Is she doing BALLET??"
JULIA: (suddenly bursting into laughter) Oh, yeah!  That's what it's called.

The kids have made this into an inside joke.  On our way home from yesterday's swim meet, Madeleine exclaimed delightedly, "Julia, isn't doing swimmer really fun?"

Personally, I prefer doing runner, but I'm definitely proud of how well my girls are doing swimmer.  Anyway, now I need to finish up doing blogger so I can go do mother.


1 comment: