Sunday, July 23, 2017

American Girl Doll School

So, Madeleine persuaded Auntie Shannon to play American Girl School with her after dinner this evening, and poor Shannon had no idea what she'd be in for.  Madeleine described the whole scenario to me and it's...um...just...WOW.

MADELEINE: So, it's like, "Back in Time," so, they're really from this time, and they go back to the time when there were schoolhouses, and people WHIPPED students.  So at first they were learning how to spell "AT" and Marie-Grace spelled it BACKWARDS, so it was like "TA."  So she had to get whipped.  I made her go with me to the principal's office, and then go to the place where the whipping person was, and then I went back.  And she was there for a little while, and when she came back, her back was bleeding.  She had gotten a really HARD whipping.  Oh, and while they were doing the lesson, after Jane did it correctly - and Jane is the BEST student - my favorite student, but, like, I never told the rest of the class because they would be jealous.  The NEW student came in.  The person who was the new student was Auntie Shannon, but we pretended her name was Lila.  Her parents were supposed to be really RICH, and, like, they were SUPER popular, SUPER famous.  They did, like, everyone told their names, and said a little welcome thing.  Even I said MY name.  So, like, um, we talked a little, and I went to the principal's office to ask something, if for Lila to have to get whipped if she got bad grades in a MONTH, and then we talked a little more and then I went to the principal's office again to talk about if we could NOT do the whipping thing, and I said I was going to the President's office, and then when I got there, after a few talking about its, and Lila being popular and her parents being famous, Lila came in and helped along with talking the President into making people NOT have to whip students.  It got to, like, having to PUNCH him, and k-i-s-s-i-n-g him.
ME: Wait, who was kissing him??
MADELEINE: (breaking into a smile and pointing at herself)
ME: You were??
MADELEINE: Mmm-hmm.
ME: And then what happened?
MADELEINE: And then Auntie Shannon never came back again, so I went over to find her, and she said she was gonna stay downstairs, and that's pretty much it!  So...it ENDED.


I don't blame Shannon for making her escape when she could.  American Girl dolls getting whipped at school?  Punching and then making out with the President?  If that's what school was like back in the olden days, I'm pretty glad that my kids go to school in "this time."


Schoolteacher Madeleine, keeping order in the classroom


The students, petrified by terror that they may get whipped

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is some school she runs. Wait, is she the teacher or the President? I wonder if Lila's surname was Autoharp? Tee hee! I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete