Saturday, September 3, 2016

Madeleine Opines

Tonight, Madeleine wanted to read me a chapter of the "Ivy and Bean" book she's currently in the middle of. 

ME: Sure, you can read me a chapter.  I love "Ivy and Bean." 
MADELEINE: I know.  "Ivy and Bean" is so good.
ME: I know, it's a really good series.
MADELEINE: Mommy?  Is "Ivy and Bean" like, the MOST POPULAR of books for kids?
ME: I think it's probably one of the most popular, yes.
MADELEINE: But Mommy?  If Taylor Swift wrote "Ivy and Bean," then it would be a DISASTER.
ME: It would?
MADELEINE: Yes.  I do NOT like her.  She's, like, trying to be, like, SO popular and she started singing all, like, POPPY.
ME: Yeah, you don't like her pop style?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  And, like, when she sings "Bad Blood?"  (shuddering) Ugh.  TERRIBLE.  Utterly TERRIBLE.


I guess Madeleine has some strong feelings about Taylor Swift.  An artist who remains, for me, more or less innocuous.  But who knows.  Maybe if I take a good listen to "Bad Blood" I'll realize that it is UTTERLY TERRIBLE.

3 comments:

  1. THAT'S RIGHT MADELEINE!!!!! GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Madeleine might have been having some conversations with Auntie Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder who the Ivy and Bean equal would be in singing and songwriting?

    ReplyDelete