Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Late Night for the Girls

Last night, as Ethan and I were heading out to chorus rehearsal, I said my good-byes to the girls.

JULIA: (running over to throw her arms around me) Bye, Mommy!  I loooove you!  Have fun at chorus!
ME: I love you too, honey.  (Calling across the room) Bye, Madeleine.  I love you.  I'll miss you!
MADELEINE: (not taking her eyes off the television) I love you too.  I'll...PROBABLY miss you too.


Turns out it was more than probably.  According to Auntie Shannon, Madeleine sobbed broken-heartedly from the moment she was in bed until 9:30 pm, wailing: "I miss MAMAAAAAAAAAA!"

At one point, Shannon went in to try and calm Madeleine down.

AUNTIE SHANNON: Honey, you need to stop crying because you're going to keep Julia up.
MADELEINE: But I miss MAMAAAAAAAAA!
AUNTIE SHANNON: Well, why don't you try reading a book until you calm down enough to get to sleep?
MADELEINE: (through wailing sobs) And get it SOAKING WET???

Auntie Shannon then went into Julia's bedroom to make sure the sobbing wasn't keeping her awake. 

It wasn't the sobbing at all that was keeping Julia awake.

AUNTIE SHANNON: Julia, is Madeleine's crying keeping you up?
JULIA:  (head emerging from under her comforter) Uh...well, I've just been thinking about the MINTZ, so I didn't even really notice her crying.


It was a late night all around.  Luckily, this evening, while I was at swim team with Julia, Madeleine didn't reprise her "I miss MAMAAAAAA!" routine and went right to sleep for Ethan.  I can't do anything about Julia deciding to think about the Mintz, but at least I can guarantee one kid got to bed on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment