Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Madeleine mischief

Although she's not officially crawling yet, Madeleine is basically capable of getting anywhere she wants around a room, which means that nothing on the floor, no matter how far from where I've parked her, is safe from her clutches. She has gotten pretty adept at creeping her body around pretty quickly, so I can no longer put her on the floor, walk out of the room for a second, and return to find her anywhere remotely near the spot I had left her. This afternoon while I was practicing my chorus music, I put Madeleine down on the rug by the piano with a variety of toys with which to entertain herself. However, I should have known that other, more enticing things around the room would have captured her interest far better than the toys I had given her. Here are the things she was not particularly interested in playing with and sucking on:

-her rattle
-her winkle
-a musical fishbowl
-a crinkly smiley-faced sun toy

Here are the things she did want to play with and suck on:

-the fleece blanket (which meant she was covering her entire face with it in attempt to get it in her mouth)
-the plastic wrapper for the wipes refills
-the CDs inside Daddy's multi-CD carrier
-her portable changing pad
-the baby monitor, the back of which she popped open, causing the batteries to fall out onto the rug

Needless to say, it was not a very productive singing practice, since I had to run across the room every few minutes and remove one of the above-mentioned items from her hands or mouth. I tried picking her up to hold her while I ran through the last bit of music, but unfortunately she decided that my music score was also an incredibly desirable thing to grab onto and try to shove in her mouth.

Here she is, on the go:

No comments:

Post a Comment