Sunday, September 6, 2020

Little Einsteins

 Look, I don't mean to brag about my kids, but when they have smarty-pants moments like this, it's hard not to share:

MADELEINE: (playing a game on her phone) Oh, thank you, fifteen left!
JULIA: (galloping by) Who's Vivian?
MADELEINE: 
JULIA: Who's Vivian?
ME: Who said Vivian?
JULIA: Madeleine did.
MADELEINE: No, I said "fifTEEN."
JULIA: (leaning over Madeleine's shoulder to peer at her game) Oh! I think Sadie has this game. Is it called "Best Finds?"
MADELEINE: No, best "fee-ends."
JULIA: It's pronounced "finds."
MADELEINE: No, it's "fee-ends."
JULIA: (laughing at Madeleine's ignorance) No, Madeleine, it's pronounced "FINDS."
ME: Do you mean "FIENDS?"
JULIA: Oh!  Yeah.  "Fiends." I knew it was either pronounced "fiends" or "finds."


Good think school has gone all-remote for the month of September, because I'd be afraid of my kids running circles around their peers if they got the advantage of in-person school!

No comments:

Post a Comment