Monday, September 21, 2020

Feel What You Love

Because Madeleine is dreaming BIG with her "Timelime Barrier" series (think franchise), she has not only planned for the books and the movies-made-after-the-books, but she has composed a theme song AND a lullaby to be sung by one of the film's characters.

I was pretty enchanted by this sweet little lullaby, and even more enchanted by this sweet kid singing it for me:


Here are the lyrics (also written by Madeleine), just in case you couldn't make them all out:

“My sweet darling, don’t you cry.

Mama will not ever let you say goodbye.

Now remember, whenever

Times feel dark

Just open up your heart.

And when the lights are all out,

Feel what you love.”



Now, before I get too sentimental, I just learned that this lullaby is sung to the main character, Silareah Sound, by her Earth Mother, Eliza Sound. NOT sung by the mother character named after me, Courtia (recently edited to Couria), the somewhat negligent "Starblaze" mother who actually raises Silareah. So, like, seriously, what the heck? Not only is the Courtney-inspired character kind of a dud of a mom, but she doesn't even get to sing?!? HARSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment